Example of a business repository :
Understandably, each row represents a business and each column represents an attribute or characteristic of that business.
Create a new business repository
- In Iterop Design, click on the tab “Linked Lists” in the menu
- Click on the “Business repositories” tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the green button “Create a new repository”.
- The following window opens:
- The elements:
- 1️⃣: Indicate the name you want to give to your business repository. (Warning: the first value you give will determine the id of your business repository).
- 2️⃣: Give here a synthetic description that will help users to differentiate and better recognize your different business repositories.
- 3️⃣ : You can make the already created attributes “moveable” to redefine the order of the columns (attributes) if you are no longer satisfied with the structural organization of your business repository.
- 4️⃣: Enter the name of the column. Specifically, the name of the attribute that will compose the element (the line).
- 5️⃣: Indicate the type of the column (Text – Number – Boolean). All the values that will be present in this column will necessarily be of the selected type (Example : “Number of years of seniority” will be in “Number”).
- 6️⃣: Allows you to better reference the elements in the column for a faster search. For a better optimization, apply it only on important columns. Becomes very interesting when approaching the 10,000 elements in the column.
- 7️⃣ : Delete column.
- 8️⃣: Adds a column.
Fill in the business repository
This is what your window looks like after the business repository has been created:
You can now click on “Import items in CSV” to fill it in!
Through this new window, you will be able to populate your business repository in two ways:
- By importing a .CSV file.
- By entering the data yourself.
1 – Using a CSV file
- Select the CSV file you want.
- Indicate which separator you used in your file.
- Indicate whether the CSV contains headers. In this case; the first line of your CSV file will not be processed (Useful when your CSV contains column names).
- Indicate whether the commas in your numbers are “,” or “. “.
2 – Enter data yourself
If you click on “Text field”, a new window appears.
You are presented with the identifiers of the columns separated by the “;” separator.
All you have to do is insert the data in the following way.
Congratulations! Your business repository is complete.
Modify a line in the business repository
Roh damn! I made a mistake when I typed it up…
Don’t worry! Just change it!
Click on the small button to the right of your lines:
Modify the structure of a business repository
To modify a business repository through the Iterop interface, click on the “Modify table structure” button in the top right corner of the business repositories display window.
The following window appears.
1️⃣: Change the name of your business repository.
2️⃣: Add/Modify the description of your business repository.
3️⃣: Modify the names of the columns in your business repository.
4️⃣: Change the order by activating the switch. Once activated, you will be able to move the order of the columns by drag and drop.
5️⃣: Delete a column from your business repository.
6️⃣: Add a column to your business repository.
Add a column
You have just clicked on the (+) green “Choice of attributes”. A new window will open for you.
1️⃣: The name of the new column
2️⃣: The type of the new column (Text, Number or Boolean)
3️⃣: Tick to optimize the search on this column
4️⃣: Default value if no value is entered when adding a line
You can now make your change and then click on the small green diskette :